Welcome to the web site (the “Site”) of Hearken, Inc. (“Hearken”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”). This Site is operated by Hearken and has been created to provide information about our company, our platform for engaging end user audiences in story generation, assignment and reporting, and our related services (together with the Site, the “Services”) to our Service visitors (“you”, “your”). We, Hearken, are the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation (defined below) for information you may give to us through this Site.
When we refer to Data Protection Legislation we mean the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and any relevant legislation enacted in any European or European Economic Area country to give effect to the GDPR.
Personal information is information that can be used to identify or contact a specific individual, such as a name, address, telephone number, email address, etc., and also online identifiers and location data such as IP addresses and mobile device IDs.
Special category data means personal information revealing your racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; or trade union membership; genetic data; biometric data; data related to your health or data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation; and criminal convictions or involvement in criminal proceedings.
A controller is someone who decides why personal data is to be collected and how it will be used and treated.
A processor is someone who processes data on the instructions of the controller.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
When you interact with us through the Site, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
Personal Data That You Provide as a Site Visitor: If you are a Publisher User or Site Visitor, we collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you contact us with inquiries, respond to one of our surveys, register for access to the Services or use certain Services. We collect the following information from you when you interact with Us via Our Site (by signing up to Our newsletter, or by booking a discovery call with Us):
- Your name;
- Your job title;
- Your organization;
- Your address;
- Your website address; and
- Your email address
OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER INFORMATION:
OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER INFORMATION:
Hearken is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- HubSpot who we use for marketing and for scheduling calls with prospective or current partners associated with our Customer Relationship Management objectives. By signing up for a discovery call or requesting any gated content on Hearken’s Site, your information will be passed Hubspot for these purposes;
- SquareSpace, who host our Site www.wearehearken.com;
- Groups.io, who we use to operate our insider group “The Hearken Insiders” to share best practices with customer organizations.
- Eventbrite, who manage sign-ups for our events and webinars so that we may keep in touch with attendees before and after an event. Any information provided to Eventbrite may also be added to our Hubspot CRM system;
- Zoom, who provide our video conferencing platform for video meetings and webinars. We use the Zoom sign up function to allow participants in meetings and webinars to keep in touch before and after an event. Any information provided to Zoom may be added to our Hubspot CRM system;
Legal Requirements: Hearken may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Hearken, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
You can visit the Site without providing any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain Services (such as downloading guides or signing up for a discovery call).
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES:
Hearken takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Site from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from the Site may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Hearken via the Internet.
As Hearken is a US based company, where you are based outside of the US, your personal data will be stored and processed in the US. Please keep this in mind when choosing to disclose any Personal Data to Hearken. By using our Services or providing information to us via our Site, you acknowledge that your Personal Data will be processed and stored in the US. If you withdraw your consent to your personal data being processed in the US, we may be unable to provide you with information you have requested, access to our Services or our Site.
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Legislation which can be exercised by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- the right to access the personal data held about the you by making a subject access request in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. We may charge a reasonable fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive;
- the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request to have your personal data deleted in certain specific circumstances as set out in the Data Protection Legislation;
- the right to request to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain specific circumstances as set out in the Data Protection Legislation;
- the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes or for purposes based on our legitimate interests;
- the right to ask us to not undergo automated decision making; and
- where you have provided consent, to request to withdraw such consent at any time.
There are some exceptions to the above rights that are permitted under the Data Protection Legislation.
Please note that if you choose to exercise your rights to have personal data restricted or deleted, then we may not be able to provide you with a full service.
If you are unhappy with how we deal with your Personal Information (and you are based in the EU), you have the right to complain to the relevant Supervisory Body within the EU.
We will not hold your personal information for any longer than is necessary for the uses outlined above, unless we are required to keep your personal data longer to comply with the law and any regulatory requirements. Where Hearken is the controller of personal data we will retain your data for up to 3 years after your last active interaction with our Site.
Where Hearken are the processor, we will hold your personal information until told otherwise by the controller. For more information on how your information is used by controllers, please refer to their respective Privacy Policies.
DO NOT TRACK
Hearken does not respond to Do Not Track signals and/or other mechanisms that provide consumer choice about tracking.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION; CONTACTING HEARKEN:
To keep your Personal Data accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Site.
You may contact us as follows: email@example.com.